Uninstalling applications on Android can be a tricky thing to accomplish. Lucky for you, Samsung’s TouchWiz UI has an easy way to do it without having to do anything messy like going into the settings.
Just follow these simple instructions to complete the task.
- Press the Applications button on the dock.
- Press the Menu button. It is the leftmost capacitive button on the bottom.
- A box will pop up that says, “Edit.” Tap that.
- Find the icon of the application that you wish to uninstall.
- Press the icon.
- A confirmation dialogue box will open.
- Select Ok.
- The application is now uninstalled.
- Press the Menu button again.
- Select Save.
There will be a missing icon on the bottom left of the page now. The only way to fill it is to either install another application, or move a current application to that spot. Moving applications is done the same way as uninstalling them. Instead of tapping the icon, you must longpress and drag to the desired location.
I should note that you can’t uninstall the preinstalled Samsung and carrier apps this way. The only way to do that is by hacking.