We showed you how to root your Tab using z4root earlier this year, now we are going to show you how to root with Super One Click.
I would recommend trying z4root before attempting Super One Click, but z4root does not always work. For example the latest firmware update on the Sprint Galaxy Tab disable the exploit z4root uses.
- Disable USB Debugging and sync the Tab with Samsung Kies.
- Disconnect it and enable USB Debugging from Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Reconnect to the PC with Kies closed.
- Launch SuperOneClick.exe on your PC.
- Click root and you are done.
That seems like a lost of steps and can be very intimidating, but it is really simple if you take it one step at a time. My Galaxy Tab was not able to sync with Samsung Kies, but it was still able to be rooted all the same. Check out XDA for further instructions.