You hear that Verizon Galaxy Tab owners? Verizon is showing you some love and updating your software. Obviously this is not Honeycomb, or even a Gingerbread update, but who does not like updated software?
Soon your Tab should get a notification letting you know that the update is available. If you choose to install later the notification will reappear every 30 minutes until you install the update. So you might as well just get it over with. According to Verizon the 34.6 MB update should only take 5-10 minutes to download and 5 minutes to apply the update.
Web Browsing and Data Access
- Enhanced browser performance and speed.
- Searching for Wi-Fi hotspots no longer negatively affects battery life.
Email and Messaging
- Access hyperlinks directly within email messages.
- Time displayed on the status bar will accurately reflect when the latest email was received.
- Easily manage and download 2000-2003 Word documents attached to email messages.
- Send multiple name cards with the “Select All” feature.
- Successfully open 5MB video attachments from email messages.
- Font size change in email remains when replying to messages.
Additional Device Features
- When using the alarm feature. the second alarm will still sound even if the firs t alarm is snoozed.
- Fixed Time Zone calendar setting ensures calendar events are accurate. regardless of the time zone you are currently in.
- Adobe” Flash’” player version has been updated to version 10.1.95.2.