Verizon is finally releasing Android 5.0 for the Galaxy Note 4. This update will include all of the typical Lollipop features that come with Android 5.0, along with some vendor and carrier specific features. Advanced Calling 1.0 will be added, which includes Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and simultaneous voice and LTE data.
You can check to see if you have the update on your Verizon Note 4 by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates. The update uses at least 1.7GB of space on your phone, so make sure you have enough storage available.
Below is a basic overview of the changes included in Verizon’s update.
- Style updated to align with Android Lollipop OS
- Bolder color, fluid animation effects, and interactions based on Lollipop
- The On/Off toggle button style updated based on material design
- Action pop-ups updated to bottom sheet ￼￼￼￼￼
- ‘Blocking mode’ removed (replaced with ‘Do not disturb’ feature).
- ‘Sound’ text updated to ‘Sound and notification’
- Volume controls moved up to first menu depth
- ‘Notification’ sub-header added with’Do not disturb’, ‘While locked’ and ‘Application notifications’ options
- ‘Smart Lock’ feature added
- Accessibility & Vision
- ‘Switch Access’ menu added to allows user to control device using configurable key combinations ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
LOCK SCREEN & NOTIFICATIONS
- Material design-inspired notifications have been implemented.
- Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen. ￼￼
FLOATING ACTION BUTTON
- Floating action button (+) has been added in various applications to promote a specific action, such as adding a new event, adding a new contact, or composing a new message.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- ‘Recording mode’ has been removed from Settings
- ‘Slow motion’ and ‘Fast motion’ were added to Camera Mode
- World Clock
- The Search option has been simplified ￼
- S Health
- Three opaque widgets added to S Health folder (Coach and two additional pedometer styles)
- Galaxy Essentials
- Added Galaxy Gifts deep link button into bottom of Galaxy Essentials list
- Google Search Widget is now opaque
ADVANCED CALLING 1.0
- Updated style of keypad with brighter look and feel, bold colors and fluid animation inspired by material design
- Added Advanced Calling video button
- ‘Video calls’ sub-header and ‘Video calling’ option added to ‘Call’ menu
- ‘Advanced Calling’ menu added to Settings
Source: Verizon Wireless